Sunday, March 6, 2011

They found us.

I thought we could get away with not talking in our new ward for just a little longer... guess not. We tried sitting in the back and laying low, but that didn't work. In fact it backfired on us because we are giving talks AND we still haven't really met anyone. I actually don't mind giving a talk, I just feel bad for everyone sitting in the congregation listening to be stutter and most likely cry. We're talking next week so i'm trying to start preparing my talk on Faith today. I read this quote in a conference talk and loved it. 
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."
Elder Richard G Scott goes on to say, 
"Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming. Righteous character is more valuable than any material object you own, any knowledge you have gained through study, or any goals you have attained no matter how well lauded by mankind. In the next life your righteous character will be evaluated to assess how well you used the privilege of mortality."
It made me realize that it doesn't matter how great my goals are, or how wonderful the person I want to become is, if i'm not consistently living my life according to those goals & according to my faith, I will get nowhere. 
I think I have some work to do and some changes to make  :) 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

There you go! Talk = done. Spiritual, informative, personal. Just get up and tell everybody to log onto your blog so they don't have to see you cry. :)

But seriously, you're going to be amazing. Especially since you're preparing so early. Good luck!

Jen and Ky said...

I just read that talk by Elder Scott and I loved it! I can't think of a better talk on faith to base your talk on. I'm sure you'll be great - maybe it will be easier giving a talk to a bunch of people you don't know?

I can't believe you guys have been in UT for so long and we still haven't seen you. Sunday dinner any time soon?

Adria said...

We just talked in our new ward a couple weeks ago. All I can say is I am glad the woman go first! I warned Mark to plan a LONG talk because I knew I would get nervous and talk fast and only end up with about a 5 minute talk:) You will do great!!

Yay for visitors is right! Blue and Zoey look so happy jumping around in the the snow:) Now I'm jealous, which means Markus and I need to plan a trip up....I'll get my bumpet ready haha! Miss you guys. xoxo