Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Big 3-0 in VEGAS!!!

Matt turned 30 last week! Weird. And for the first time I think ever, I was actually able to surprise him and do something big for him. His friend Mark's birthday is 3 days before his, so Mark's wife, Adria, and I have been planning this vegas trip since last year. 
I didn't realize how hard it would be to try to keep Matt from finding out about it. In the end he knew we were going to Vegas, but thought it was just us two. 
We flew in super duper early Friday morning and started vegas off right with some delicious crepes at the Paris Hotel, did some shopping, and went to the wax museum (which was awesome). We also went to the Pawn Stars pawn shop. We love watching that show. We were hoping Chum-lee would be there, but no such luck. They are all too cool now. 
 Mark and Adria weren't getting into town until around 3 so I had to stall until then. They showed up to our hotel room and Matt was in the bed watching tv while I was crouched down in the bathroom trying to record Matt's reaction when Mark walked in. Apparently Mark was a little freaked out walking into a room that had clothes and a phone sitting out and told Adria "We gotta get outta here!"
Adria said the boys stared at each other for quite a while before either of them said anything. I'm not sure if it was because of shock or because they weren't wearing their glasses. 
After some more shopping and WAY too much crab at the Bellagio buffet, we had another surprise for them.  At the botanical gardens, they were grabbed from behind by the Erbs, Todd & Kristin. Then the partying began. 

Adria apparently has some sweet hook-ups and got us into the Palms VIP for free Saturday night. So we danced the night away while surrounded by some crazy people. And lets not forget our elevator ride and exit with Ryan Cabrera. If you don't know who he is, don't feel bad. Google him. 

Our big B-Day surprise for the boys was their Exotic Racing experience at the Las Vegas Speedway. I knew after Matt was driving our rental Infinity G37 like a maniac, causing Adria to threaten to walk, that it would be PERFECT for him. They had some sweet cars and I think they had fun. He ended up driving the Audi R8. Maybe for his 40th we'll upgrade to the Lamborghini.
 It was so good seeing our friends for a weekend. (And my sister and her family that live in Henderson :) We really miss everyone. If anyone else wants to meet up in Vegas, just let us know and we're there!
Happy Birthday Matty. XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Adria said...

I laughed thru this whole post! Miss you guys already! So many fun memories from this shirt trip. Let's start planning the next vacation:)

Kristin said...

HAAA! I can just picture the boys standing and staring, like: "Is that who I think it is? Where are my glasses?!" I think we're entitled to start calling them the "Grumpy Old Men".

I'm craving Italian.

And the song, "Forget You".