Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oh, I have a blog?/ Baby, baby, baby

October of 2011? Really? Actually, after thinking about my journal writing pattern (about once a year), that sounds about right. I just signed on to do a few "Update Posts" and now I'm feeling like maybe I should have started before 9:45pm.
That bedroom I was painting in my last post? I haven't even seen in for 5 months. After living in Utah for a much shorter time than we expected, we decided to move back home to AZ. I do miss it already. And I will definitely miss it around July when I'm sweating just walking to my car. I loved our little house, our huge backyard, my garden, the weather, our sweet neighbors, my job, Cafe Rio 2 minutes away... But it is SO good to be home too. I missed being so close to family and friends. But I am also so glad we did move to Utah. It was such a good experience. I think it brought us closer as a couple. We didn't know anyone but each other for a long time. It was a little adventure. And we will never forget those (almost) 2 years.

And isn't it funny how the timing of things always seems to work out? I can't imagine being so far away from family considering how our lives are about to change. Being a mom is something I've looked forward to for so long. And there's no one else I would rather start a family with than Matt. It's just happening a little different than I always had it planned in my head.

In August, our little family of TWO will be a family of....... FIVE.
Actually I still don't really think that it has sunk in for me yet.

Triplets?!

1, 2, 3 Babies?!

The past few months have basically felt like a rollercoaster ride.  To sum it up...
"Yay we're pregnant!" Being an ultrasound tech, I couldn't help myself, I had to scan myself at 4 weeks. So I had to call Matt and tell him I saw 2 (small) gestational sacs. TWINS!
We got used to the idea of twins pretty fast. And actually we knew it was a possibility with the medication I had to take. 8% chance of twins, less than1% chance of triplets or more. We knew we could handle twins. One for me, and one for you. I have two arms. Pshh....we're good.

Then a few weeks later my manager wanted to scan me to see the babies. We thought we had seen a small subchorionic hemorrhage (bleed around the sac) so we wanted to follow up on it since we didn't see it well before.
This is how the convo went during my scan...
Me:Oh, they are so cute! Look at them! Aww......wait. Jenn, I swear I saw something move in that "bleed". My bleed just fluttered, my bleed has a heartbeat"
Jenn: No it didn't, dont scare yourself...
a minute goes by....
Jenn: (while she is scanning, counting the sacs) Um, One.... two.... YOUR GOING TO BE FINE!

I hate to admit I was a little hysterical for about 2 minutes after that. 1000 thoughts were running through my mind.
3 BABIES?! HOW? I'VE NEVER EVEN HAD 1 BABY! IS THIS REAL? HOW DO I TELL MATT?! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO HARD. CAN WE REALLY HANDLE 3 BABIES? ARE THEY GOING TO BE HEALTHY? THEY ARE GOING TO BE SO SMALL!  I FOR SURE NEED A MINI VAN NOW....

At the same time, my dear sweet manager was telling me everything I needed to hear.
And Matt reminded me why I love him so much when I was in tears trying to blubber out "There's one more... 3, we're having three. Triplets" (something like that). And his response was a huge smile and "Whats one more?! Thats awesome!" *Sigh* thanks Matt. I know that's probably not how you reacted on the inside.

Now i'm 16 weeks, with 2 boys and a girl :) And i'm finally feeling little flutters :)

Its been fun seeing everyone's reaction when we tell them. I think it's so funny because I can't tell you how many people reacted by saying "You're going to be fine!". The first few times I actually thought 'wait, why would you say that. Am I not going to be fine? Ahh!" As Matt put it, "You're going to be fine" is something you tell someone that just got shot in the desert, and clearly they are not going to be fine" Which is why we have to just laugh when people say that instead of "congrats", I think they don't know what to say.

Its hard for me to even put into words how I feel.
Excited/Overwhelmed/Nervous/Lucky/Happy/Terrified... But most of all, Blessed. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he must trust us with these 3 precious babies. He knows this is happening right?
I cannot wait to be a mom. And I really can't wait to meet my 3 little babies. All I want is for them to be strong, healthy and happy. I couldn't ask for anything more.



4 comments:

Shauna said...

I seriously crapped when Shauna told me! Congrats and you will be fine! LOL!!! Seriously though I have a friend right now that is preggo with triplets too, same medicine, story & everything! You guys will be okay, Heavenly Father wouldn't send 3 to you at once if he didn't know you could handle it. Just have lots of Chocolate on hand and try and figure out how to grow a third boob! LOL! Congrats again! Can't wait to see those little babes!!

Shauna said...

I seriously crapped when Shauna told me! Congrats and you will be fine! LOL!!! Seriously though I have a friend right now that is preggo with triplets too, same medicine, story & everything! You guys will be okay, Heavenly Father wouldn't send 3 to you at once if he didn't know you could handle it. Just have lots of Chocolate on hand and try and figure out how to grow a third boob! LOL! Congrats again! Can't wait to see those little babes!!

Kristin said...

I've been waiting for this one. :) I still feel like an idiot telling you guys there was NO WAY you'd have twins (let alone triplets). I'll never say "never" again. I have a feeling you two are never going to stop having adventures together. HAHA to the minivan thought in your moment of panic! PLEASE post/Instagram that cute bump of yours!!

Adria said...

i seriously go emotional reading this. i am so excited for you two. you are going to be the BEST parents! your home is going to be filled with so much love! i can just picture the cute little triplets running around in diapers, giggling as they chase each other around. i still say we buy one huge house and share it:) i cannot wait to snuggle up to those babies and love on them!!