Saturday, December 27, 2008

Benjamin Button and Booster Seats

Last night we went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with another couple. It was the most interesting night at the movie theater that i've ever had... I have to blog about it.
1st of all, I have to tell you that we decided to go to the Chandler Theater because even though the AZ Mills Mall is way closer... its always full of rude little teenage thugs that ruin the movie..
When we got into the theater and the 4 front rows filled up with abnoxious teenagers, we knew it was going to be a LONG night... not to mention its already a 3 hour movie.
Not even an hour into the movie I see something falling on the right side of the screen and I hear people around us saying "Is the ceiling falling? What was that?" And down in front there was some commotion and people left. And a couple seconds later, in the row in front of us we hear "she's bleeding!" and a couple left...
No one was even paying attentiont to the movie anymore, we were all just wondering what the heck was going on... And who was interrupting my Brad Pitt movie...
Soon enough, just like I thought would happen, the movie stopped, lights came on and 2 managers were standing in the front. And one told us,
"Listen, 2 people are injured and the paramedics have to be called be someone threw BOOSTER SEATS at them and they were hit in the head. If anyone saw who it was, or if it was you, you need to let us know now, this is serious"
BOOSTER SEATS. Someone from the top of the theater threw one all the way down to the front and then another one right by us... It was the first time I didn't feel safe at the movies. People started freaking out and leaving, then other people started freaking out at the managers saying "Why are you letting people go! It could have been them!" But it was pretty clear that whoever did it had already left because the seats where everyone said they came from were empty.
Anyways, they said we could leave and get a refund, or stay for the rest of the movie and get a free pass afterward. So we stayed.
And the movie turned out to be really really good... but really long. Definately worth seeing. Brad Pitt is beautiful, and it was a good story. I just sat a little lower in my seat so my head was covered...

4 comments:

Barker said...

OMG!!!!

That is ridiculous!! And what a curious case that you went to that theater to save you from abnoxiousness. A curious case indeed. :)

Jessica said...

I can't believe that! That's horrible! Good to know it was a good movie though. :)

Melissa and Travis said...

WOW!! What an experience at the movies! Didn't expect Booster seats! lol
glad you liked it. I was wondering if it was good. I want to go see it

The Petersen Post said...

I want to see that movie so bad. I am glad to hear that it is good. Trying to convince Ryan to take me for my birthday. We shall see!!!!