Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

These two quotes were printed on our bulletin in church today:


"There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood" -Elder M Russell Ballard.


"We are living in a great season for all women in the church. Sisters, you are an essential part of our Heavenly Father's plan for eternal happiness, you are endowed with a divine birthright. You are the real builders of nations wherever you live, because strong homes of love and peace will bring security to any nation." - Dieter F. Uchdorf


I missed my mom more than usual this Mother's Day. I should have known when two weeks ago I stood in the Mother's Day card aisle for twenty five minutes with tears streaming down my face. 3 hours away I could deal with, but 11 hours? It's not exactly a short drive home. 
I'm so grateful for my mother. She is the most selfless, spiritual person I have ever known. I have so many precious memories of her throughout my childhood. Coming in to sleep on the floor with me when I had bad dreams, or letting me crawl in her bed, playing the piano in our house, singing The Carpenters, her famous Thanksgiving Stuffing, her painting or making jewelry,teaching me, helping me...I'm especially grateful that she let me live past my childhood. I know I caused her quite a few sleepless nights. She is always serving others, whether its friends, church, or our family. She always calls exactly when I need her to, and very rarely doesn't pick up when I call her, even during nap time. 
She's my hero, and I can never repay her for everything she's done for me. 

My mother-in-law is such an amazing person too. Since I've known her, I have never once seen her not up-beat, and I've never heard her speak ill of anyone. She is so super sweet and I love being around her. I'll never forget seeing her drive up to the house, a little lady in a big ol truck, jammin' out to 104.7. Or her singing "New York" by Jay-Z when we were camping. I love when Matt talks about her, and seeing the bond that they have. She would do anything for anyone. I definitely lucked out my in-laws. I love her to death.

I have so many examples of great mothers in my life. Sisters, sisters-in-law, friends.. My sister Shauna gave birth to a precious baby girl just yesterday and it reminded me how beautiful motherhood is. I love being an auntie, but I'm so excited to be a mother someday. 


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Adria said...

I concur!! I can't wait for you and Matty to have babies:)

Kristin said...

YAY Shauna!! The world will never have enough beautiful "Boyd Girls" :). I didn't realize she was already due! I thought you were going to be able to come home for this... I feel like crying thinking of you crying in the card isle. Too sad.

You guys missed out big time in South Mountain ward! Chocolate covered strawberries for all the ladies on Sunday. :)